Luckett Vineyards Chardonnay 2021
This product is currently sold out.
Winemaking and Analysis
• The 2021 Chardonnay is a great example of the stellar growing conditions in that year. Hot and sunny, with favourable weather all season, it was a wonderful vintage.
• Desired style was unoaked and mineral-driven, light and fruity, a pure expression of the grape.
• Just the second vintage of fruit sourced entirely from our Avonport Vineyard.
• Gently pressed and fermented long and slow at very low temperatures.
• 100% stainless steel fermentation expresses lively minerality, freshness, and a ripe apple, lemongrass and pear forward character. No malolactic fermentation was used.
• 430 cases produced
• GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
• AROMATICS: Fresh pears, honey and white pepper, with wet rock minerality, and subtle ocean notes.
• TASTE: Dryish, with a saline minerality, indicative of NS Chardonnay. Complex and lengthy mid-palette texture, with notes of lemongrass, white flower and a slightly flinty finish.
• TREATMENT: UNOAKED, 100% stainless-steel fermentation
• SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Best served well chilled, pairs nicely with buttery lobster, local oysters and roasted meats.
• AGING: Drinking very well now, or cellar through 2030
Total Acidity 7.1 g/L
Residual Sugar 4.0 g/L